Every year, we should all write a list of things to check around our homes to make sure everything is ship-shape, especially after winter. Luckily, we’ve compiled a list for you to get your home up to spring clean speed!
- Dust your chair rails, window casings, tops of wall-mounted cabinets and ceiling fans. If you can think of it, dust it!
- Vacuum your upholstered furniture and mattresses.
- Consider renting a carpet cleaner (to remove settled dust/mites/allergens for a cleaner, healthier home)
- Check that your A/C and furnace/boiler are working efficiently.
- Check your attic for leaks or if any animals have nestled themselves there.
- Inspect your attic insulation for damage and that there’s no water damage.
- For your basement, check the floor for signs of leaks. Examine your washing machine hoses and windows for mold/leaks.
- Check smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, change batteries.
- Clean out your garage of things that have piled up over time.
- Inspect any damage to roof shingles or leaks.
- Clean out your gutters, remove any debris and patch up holes.
- Walk around your home, looking for cracks in the foundation.
- Check the seals around exterior windows and doors for gaps or breaks in the surrounding area.
- Make sure your garage doors work properly.
- Inspect any outdoor lights you have.
- Look for any damage to your fences or deck.
- Search for cracks in your walkway or driveway.
- Pull your patio furniture from storage, check for damage and clean BBQ for grilling season.
It’s a lot, but it’ll be worth it come summer!